Ellwood City Loyal Order of Moose No. 93 was organized in 1909 at a meeting in the old Kraus Building on Lawrence Avenue. John Risbeck is given the credit for being the organizer. There were 51 names on the charter which was applied for in April 1909 and issued in June 1909. The original Moose lodge resided in the old Ellwood City Opera House on Lawrence Avenue. The Opera House was built in 1893 and located above a pool room and bowling alley. The building also housed a hotel, restaurant and barbershop. The second floor auditorium was used for church suppers, theatrical productions, and public meetings, including most of the Moose organizers first meetings.
Clubrooms were maintained at the Kraus Building until 1901 with James Reid as the first dictator, the the which has been changed to Governor in 1939. Mr. Reid was employed at the National Tube Co., as assistant superintendent. The first secretary was Roy Butler, a real estate and insurance agent.
The Ellwood City Moose Club remained situated on 600 block of Lawrence Avenue (currently Wesbanco) in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania until 1999 when the a new building was erected for the Moose Club. During construction of the new Moose Facility on Factory Avenue in Ellwood City, the original pool table was restored and refinished for continued use in the current Moose Club.
Currently, the Ellwood City Moose Lodge offers a large lounge area with two regulation pool tables free to play anytime. The lodge is open 1:00 PM daily with closing times subject to change dependent upon usage and entertainment.